Product Management Lead (m/f/n)
Hamburg, Germany – remote possible, part-time (80%) possible
We are looking for an experienced product management lead with the mindset to build, starting as soon as possible. With impacc we are taking an entrepreneurial approach to international aid, supported by digital technology. Our digital donation platform will connect great business ideas for poor people with funding mainly through a B2B approach. Via our digital scaling toolkit we support the growth of businesses via local micro-franchising.
If you want to build digital products to drive social change and have the skills to put it into practice, apply!
You will develop and manage our core product offering and work closely with our Founder/CEO to shape and deliver the growth strategy and influence company strategy.
More specifically you will:
- Support corporate donors in identifying and partnering with African impact startups, strategically involving key-stakeholders to communicate and report around venture impact.
- Be responsible for crafting a product vision and developing the product strategy while driving execution at the same time – starting with our donation platform and later expanding to other offerings.
- Own the product development process: research and validate user needs and translate them into requirements and features of our core offering. Develop a roadmap, feature lists and user stories, and work closely with designers and engineers to deliver on them. Gather ongoing product feedback through qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Serve as the organisational mastermind linking marketing/sales functions, our corporate partners and our African ventures. This will include establishing and tracking key metrics as well as developing our embed program which provides functional expertise of corporate partners to ventures.
We are looking for an experienced product leader with a passion to build digital products that support impact ventures in their growth. To excel at this role, you:
- Bring a minimum of 3 years of hands-on product management experience, ideally including the conception, launch, scaling and improvement of new digital products.
- Preferable bring experience in entrepreneurship and/or early-stage startups.
- Are experienced with lean and agile software development processes and user-centric design. You are experienced in working with and coaching cross-functional teams.
- Have experience in a leadership / people management role, incl. hiring, managing and coaching other team members.
- Are knowledgable about web development fundamentals, UX/design and ideally mobile technologies. Passion for technology innovation in emerging markets is a plus.
- Have a cool head as demonstrated by a top university degree, ideally in a technical discipline and a hot heart as demonstrated by engagement in social causes.
- Share our values: Impatient optimists. Create momentum. Down to earth and humane. Doer mentality. Curious to learn and change. Bubbling with ideas.
- Fluent written and spoken English; German is a very strong plus.
What we offer
Lots of freedom to build a young start-up into one of Europe’s premier aid organisations and:
- an office in Hamburg’s alternative and quirky “Schanzenviertel”, with plenty of travel to Africa.
- the ability to mentor and be mentored.
- a fair compensation that reflects your skills and experience.
- the opportunity to actually drive positive change in the world.
Impacc is an international social business NGO that creates green jobs for poor people in fragile states. We build and scale businesses where markets don’t yet work for the poorest. We find innovative business models that have the potential to create local, green jobs, often with a franchise approach. These businesses wouldn’t be able to compete on the open market because of market barriers such as lack of skills, social norms, conflict, etc. That’s why we combine aid with revenue generation where markets fail to meet basic human needs. We link social investors with innovative social businesses to help them scale and have social impact. By this, we empower poor people and their communities to abolish poverty once and for all (see www.impacc.org for more details)
How to apply
Please apply with CV and a short cover letter/video to email@example.com